SAGE CDL Training for Veterans and Military Service Members
“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
If you are a military veteran who wants to obtain your CDL using your Post 9/11 GI Bill® or other veteran’s educational benefits, SAGE Truck Driving Schools has been a trusted nationwide leader in CDL training to vets for over 20 years.
For veterans, truck driving school can be a great solution. The military gave you the tools to succeed and the experience trucking employers are looking for. Now, you just need to get a CDL so you can be hired and start earning a good middle class income with excellent pay and benefits.
Trucking companies want veterans as truck drivers and are hiring now. SAGE can connect you with military-friendly trucking companies and get you on the road to success so you accomplish your objectives. You’ve earned it.
What are the SAGE Truck Driving School Advantages?
- Approved for Post 9-11 GI Bill® Funding. Many SAGE schools have CDL training programs approved so eligible vets can use the Veteran’s Administration (VA) funded GI Bill® benefits in order to pay for truck driver training if full, if you qualify. SAGE truck driving school programs approved for veterans’ funding allow a qualifying veteran to complete the SAGE CDL training program with little or no out-of pocket costs. SAGE has experienced counselors who can assist you in determining from the VA whether you qualify for VA funded truck driving school.
- Housing Assistance Benefit Available. Train Nationwide. Under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, housing assistance can be available for those veterans who need to cover housing costs while attending truck driving school. The benefit varies based on a number of factors. SAGE can work with you to see whether you qualify. SAGE can also help arrange for housing while you attend our fast, focused truck driver training at many locations across the country. As a veteran, you can choose any approved program you want to attend, and housing costs may be paid as an additional veterans benefit.
- Veteran-Owned, Serving Other Vets. SAGE was founded in 1989 by a veteran with the mission of providing the best truck driver training in the industry. And many SAGE managers, instructors and staff are proud veterans like you. SAGE has been a nationwide leader in CDL training for service members, veterans and their families. We believe that every service member, veteran, and member of a military family should have the opportunity to pursue a financially rewarding career in the exciting trucking industry. In honor of those serving in the US Armed Forces, SAGE provides top truck driver training programs for active duty military, guard, reserve, veterans, and military family members.
- Train to the Highest Standards You Are Used To. As a military veteran seeking to get a CDL and start a civilian career as a truck driver, you want a school that meets the highest standards. Training standards are important to trucking companies, and are an important factor for veterans to consider. SAGE programs are highly rated by graduates, trucking companies and the industry. SAGE programs are designed to meet or exceed the highest industry standards veterans expect — and deserve! Contact us and we’ll explain the SAGE difference.
- Fast Training So You Get to Work. Learn So You Can Earn. SAGE has comprehensive CDL training programs for veterans that are designed to provide you with the skills you need to succeed, and to get you to work fast. We understand that veterans are serious about their CDL training, and they expect professionalism. SAGE is committed to getting veterans to work quickly. You’re ready to “move out,” and so are we.
- Flexible, Focused, One-on-One Training in the Truck. For veterans interested in obtaining a trucking job after serving in the military, you want the best training to ensure success as a CDL driver. Much like the military, our training and curriculum is designed to be uniform nationwide so that students receive consistent programs at all SAGE schools. But we also recognize that every student driver is different. Students learn at different rates and have a variety of learning methods. So every veteran can be sure that they will receive individual, one-on-one instruction over the road in the truck. This is the level of attention every driver — and every veteran — deserves to have when learning to drive a tractor-trailer.
- Job Placement Assistance with Carriers Nationwide. Many SAGE graduates are veterans who now have jobs in trucking after serving in the military. Some schools only offer employment assistance with two or three trucking companies. As a result, students can be stuck with limited choices for their career. SAGE provides industry-leading access to many of the top-paying companies who hire veteran graduates of trucking schools. No matter what region of the country you are from, SAGE will provide lifetime job placement assistance with local, regional and national trucking companies that contact us daily to hire our students. SAGE job placement assistance helps veterans apply to and evaluate the pay and benefits of many carriers, so veterans know they have the “power of choice.” To work with the best, you need to train with the best.
- Extra Monthly Pay from Apprenticeship Carriers We Work With. Some military veterans who get a CDL from SAGE may qualify for a unique program offered by several of the trucking companies SAGE works with. These companies have veterans “Apprenticeship” programs. For those veterans who meet the qualifications and are hired by one of these carriers, the veteran is entitled to an apprenticeship monthly educational payment up to about $1,000 per month that is in addition to the normal pay earned as a driver. These programs usually last for one year of employment. Eligibility is determined by the hiring carrier, not SAGE, but SAGE will work with our veteran CDL trainees to see if they qualify. The apprenticeship opportunity is one of the outstanding benefits of working with SAGE.
- Experts in Processing VA Training Documents. We know truck driver training for veterans. We understand the needs of military veterans who want to get their CDL. And we can help make the process of applying for and getting your GI Bill® benefits easier than you think. Contact one of our experienced school staff, who will work with you to determine if you qualify for veterans education benefits for truck driving school. The road to success is easier than you think.
- Top-Rated Truck Driver Training Makes a Difference. As a veteran, you want to make the best choice in choosing a truck driving school. SAGE has been a top-rated truck driving school for over 20 years, and there is a reason why. We provide an exceptional value, individual attention, a reputation for excellence and a guarantee that we will make a 100% effort to get you a great job in the trucking industry. Companies hire SAGE graduates — and especially veterans — because they recognize that SAGE’s program is dedicated to comprehensive training and safe drivers.
- Individual Credit for Prior Experience and Training. At SAGE, we know that the experience of being in the military is valuable. We can evaluate the prior skill and training that a veteran has to determine whether some credit can be given. For example, if you were an 88M MOS (heavy truck operator) in the Army, we may be able to adjust your training to give credit for this prior experience. Not all prior training qualifies for the credit, and some hiring carriers require completion of a full program. But we’ll evaluate every veteran’s training to determine whether some credit is appropriate.
The following locations have programs approved to accept GI Bill® benefits: Billings, MT; Muncie, IN; Casper, WY; Grand Junction, CO; Denver, CO; Coeur d’Alene, ID; Lebanon, PA; Schnecksville, PA; Missoula, MT; Cheyenne, WY; Caldwell, ID; Endicott, NY; Salt Lake City, UT; Ft. Pierce, FL; Blackfoot, ID; Columbia, SC, and Indianapolis, IN are all approved by the state to accept veterans’ GI Bill® educational benefits.