Sage Truck Driving School – Rome, NY
Toll Free 1-866-878-2568
(Utica, Rome, Syracuse, Watertown and Albany areas)
SAGE Truck Driving Schools in Rome, New York has partnered with Mohawk Valley Community College, the state of New York’s premiere college system, to bring you hands-on CDL training and trucking jobs. If you want to make more money as a professional truck driver, SAGE provides fast, focused truck driver training in New York. Get your New York CDL license and start a new, high paying career in trucking!
Why Choose Truck Driving?
Excellent Income and Benefits in Trucking
With demand for truck drivers at an all–time high, trucking firms and other commercial carriers are offering new drivers higher mileage pay rates and better benefit packages. A first year income of over $40,000 for a tractor trailer driver is typical. Highly motivated drivers can earn even more!
Exceptional Job Demand for Truck Drivers
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics lists heavy truck drivers as an occupation with high projected growth. According to the Bureau, “as the economy grows, the demand for goods and services will increase and more truck drivers will be needed to keep supply chains moving.” Trucking is considered to be one of the top job categories according to industry statistics. The American Trucking Association reports that through the year 2025 an estimated 890,000 drivers will be needed to be hired; this means over 88,000 drivers will be needed each year to meet industry growth and driver retirements. And there is o need to move: live in central New York and take advantage of local, regional or national trucking job opportunities!
Why Train with SAGE Truck Driving School at MVCC?
A Powerful Partnership
Established in 1946, MVCC is New York State’s longest serving community college. With community college partnerships across the nation, MVCC has placed SAGE Truck Driving Schools (Editor’s Choice #1 at TruckSchoolsUSA) under contract to provide the driver training program. SAGE provides CDL training at over 25 locations nationwide. As the industry leader, SAGE trains over 4,000 Class A drivers per year.
Hands–On CDL Training
The SAGE driver–training program provides students with the ideal mix of classroom and “hands on” training. The program is modeled upon the curriculum developed by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Professional Truck Driving Institute (PTDI).
Industry-Leading Equipment and Facilities for Truck Driver Training
SAGE at MVCC provides students with the same tractors and trailers used by today’s leading trucking companies. And the school has one of the largest truck driver training pads in the country, with access to 10 acres of concrete pad, and a 1 mile private shifting track that includes multiple turns, intersections and other features students practice driving on before driving on public streets. This is one of the premier driver training facilities in the country.
One Student Per Truck Training for the NY CDL Test
In our TTD150 program, each student receives 46 hours of one student behind–the–wheel driving instruction with an experienced instructor – unheard of at many other school or career programs (be sure to ask them!).
Certification to Help You Get a Trucking Job
Upon successful completion of the program in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation 49 CFR 380.503 and passage of the NYS Class A Commercial Driver’s License graduates will be certified as an entry–level tractor trailer drivers.
CDL Jobs Pre–Hire Program
Most students get pre–hired by a major trucking company as a truck driver before starting class. This means your background has been reviewed by a major hiring carrier, and all you have to do is obtain a CDL and meet final hiring requirements.
Lifetime Trucking Job Placement Assistance
SAGE has years of job placement experience and long established relationships with trucking industry recruiters throughout the nation. SAGE guarantees to provide you with job placement assistance not only while you are a student, but also for as long as you maintain a “clean” CDL and you are willing to work in the trucking industry.
Get to Work as a Truck Driver Sooner
The comprehensive MVCC program is an accelerated program designed to be completed in just 4–6 weeks. This 150 hour program fully meets the needs of students with no prior knowledge or experience in truck driving. It includes 46 hours of one-student-per-truck driving time and 104 hours of class and lab time.
CDL Driving Classes Available Now!
A new session is scheduled every two weeks throughout the year! Don’t wait. Call SAGE at MVCC now to see if you qualify for training in one of the fastest growing industry sectors. If you are admitted to the program, you can be in a high paying job and an exciting career in a matter of weeks!
- Are You Making Over $45,000? Thousands of SAGE graduates are hired every year by the best companies with high-paying, middle-class trucking jobs.
- #1 Rated School: SAGE is rated as #1 “Editors’ Choice” school by the leading internet CDL training guide TruckSchoolsUSA.com
- Get a Job Fast: Lifetime trucking job placement assistance from a trusted leader with over 100 major national, regional and local carriers ready to hire now.
- Easy Financial Assistance: SAGE CDL programs are an affordable value, and financial assistance is easier than you think for those who qualify.
- Private Driving Instruction: One-on-one truck driver training with one student per truck gives you maximum hands-on time driving at SAGE.
- Total Training Solution: SAGE can get you a Class A or Class B CDL license, and provides training for tankers, air brakes, flatbed and double-triple trailers.
- Self-Paced, High Tech Learning Solutions: SAGE schools offer computer-based tools that let you learn truck driving skills easily and effectively.
- Get Paid Back for Training Costs! Employer-paid CDL training tuition loan reimbursement available through SAGE’s nationwide employer network.
- Get Pre-Hired: We can get you pre-approved with major trucking companies before you start.
- Best Value: No “Observation Time” — You won’t pay to watch other students drive!
SAGE Truck Driving School
at Mohawk Valley Community College
1101 Floyd Ave. Admin Bldg
Rome, NY 13440-4699