Werner CDL Training
SAGE provides CDL training for students interested in a truck driving job for Werner. We have successfully trained and placed hundreds of drivers with Werner all over the country, and we are proud to work with Werner as one of our premier partners for job placement. Drive the Blue Trucks!
Ask us about tuition assistance and financial aid from Werner! Werner wants to help you get a CDL, and SAGE has multiple options that can put you on the road to a CDL job with Werner.
Highlights and Benefits of CDL Training for Werner:
Werner offers many advantages as a national trucking company. Here are just a few:
- Driving Opportunities: With many divisions and diverse operations, Werner drivers may live in any area of the country they prefer. But over 70% of Werner’s driving jobs are in more attractive, shorter-haul regional and dedicated fleet operations that enable Werner to return drivers home more frequently. Denver offers great opportunities for these runs.
- Pay: Werner Enterprises’ has been recognized as a leader in trucking for many years. Their dedication to offering drivers the best lifestyle means giving drivers high pay combined with high production. Werner Enterprises’ production is higher than competitors, making Werner drivers some of the highest paid in North America, according to the Company.
- Bonuses and Trainer Pay: If you qualify, Werner offers monthly bonuses for things like achievement, mileage, etc. Bonuses help increase your monthly take home pay. After you have been driving with the company for six months as an experienced driver and pass a certified training program, you have the potential to become a Werner driver-trainer and increase your earnings.
- Paid Training: For those drivers accepted into Werner’s training program, you will be paired with an experienced driver trainer. Students receive $550 per week during training. Upon successful completion of the training program, you can be assigned your own truck. Training is a minimum of 275 hours.
- Paperless Logs: Werner leads the way in electronic/paperless logs, making driving easier. No lines. No math. No paperwork. You can focus on driving.
- Excellent Equipment: Werner Enterprises prides itself on providing some of the newest and best equipment in the industry for drivers. Werner operates a fleet of 7,300 trucks and almost 24,000 trailers. With an average truck age of about 1.7 years or less, Werner’s late-model equipment has added safety and technology features, which allow drivers to efficiently and comfortably do their job.
- Benefits: Werner offers many benefits such as affordable life, disability, health, dental, and vision Insurance, a 401(k) Retirement Plan and Stock Purchase Plan. Paid orientation and vacation, plus other benefits such as rider and pet policies are offered, if approved.
- Owner-Operator Opportunities: If you want to run your own business, Werner Enterprises can help you get started with all types of support.
- Tuition Reimbursement: One of the many benefits Werner offers its professional drivers includes tuition reimbursement for those students who paid for or took a loan out for CDL training school. Currently this amount is $250 per month for those who qualify.
- Personal Attention: As a Werner Enterprises driver, you receive personal attention and your fleet manager knows you by name.
- Military and Veterans Program: Werner is known across the country as a military friendly employer. With Werner’s highly successful Professional Truck Driver Apprenticeship Program, eligible veterans can master professional driving skills during training school while earning a stipend for financial assistance once driving for Werner. Under this program, eligible military veterans who have the Post 9/11 GI Bill can receive up to $24,420 of their tax-free benefits while working at Werner, in addition to their Werner pay. The VA submits the payment directly to the veteran.